Friday, March 20, 2009

Our New Digs

Well, I can now officialy add "homeowner" to the list of titles I never thought I would hold at age 22 (wife, grad school dropout, corporate slave, etc.).

Internet, say hello to Babe, the Big Blue House. OK, maybe not so big but she is definitely blue. We're talking blue carpet, blue paint, etc. Which is why Babe is in need of a makeover. But husband and I feel up to the task, so wish us luck! And come visit us sometime. We will let you stay in the spare bedroom covered in dinosaur wallpaper.

* In a related note, can someone please explain to me why, given that I declared my major the second I started college and decided to marry my husband after dating him for approximately 30 seconds, I cannot for the life of me decide what color of paint or carpet I want?

4 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Who says you have to decide? Just stick to the blue paint and blue carpet. Or dinosaur wallpaper.

30 seconds? I want to hear this story. And I want to know where I can find myself in a similar situation.

Congrats on being a houseowner.

Natalie said...

That Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!! Good for you guys! We would love to come over and check it out sometime.

amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous! I can't wait to own a house. It definitely won't be while I'm 22 though. :( Fixer-uppers are the best.

As for figuring out the walls, carpet, etc., I would recommend http://www.designspongeonline.com/ It has some awesome before and afters and decorating ideas that I think are really cool. Also http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ is a great website for decorating ideas. Have fun!

Ty and Meg said...

Um you are a homeowner? Wha? Are you ready for that? haha Joke. You will be a lovely homeowner/corporate slave. I am just really a corporate slave. I only wish I could throw the homeowner title in there. I love your new home. And have fun with the remodel.