Just now co-worker Frank walked by and presented me with a Sponge Bob valentine and a Reese's peanut butter cup. I love Valentines Day. And don't you worry, I also did my part in spreading Valentines cheer in the office by handing out these treats:
Also making me happy this Valentines Day is the fact that I actually sort of decorated for my favorite holiday this year:
Now moving on to what is making me unhappy on this lovely holiday. It is the fact that Mike's professors are apparently Valentines Day scrooges so he has a test tonight and a paper due tomorrow. Which means that we will be spending most of the day apart, and I kind of like to have my husband around on holidays devoted to love.
But I'm going to make the most of this situation by using the alone time to cook a nice dinner while listening to the old jazz music that I love but isn't really Butch's cup of tea. So Billie Holiday and I will spend the evening together lamenting the absence of men in our lives. I don't know why but I almost think sad love songs have more of a romance to them than the happy ones, and no one does sad music better than Billie. Her voice is like the musical equivalent of dark chocolate in that even her happiest songs have a bit of melancholy longing to them. Perfect for Valentine's Day.
Not diggin Billie? Maybe Andre 3000 is more your jam (this song gets stuck in my head without fail every Valentine's Day. Hence the title of this post):
Happy Valentines Day! Hope yours is filled with love. And candy.
Not diggin Billie? Maybe Andre 3000 is more your jam (this song gets stuck in my head without fail every Valentine's Day. Hence the title of this post):
Happy Valentines Day! Hope yours is filled with love. And candy.


4 comments:
LOVE, love love "The Very Thought of You". Honestly one of my favs!
Those treats sound goooood. I didn't know you had a food blog, I'm going to try to make a few things, i'll let you know how it goes.
I hope you added Etta James "all I could do was cry" to the mix. It is definately one of my favorite cute/sad love songs, and belting it while alone and cooking on valentines just seems so fitting.
I am so lucky to meet this site, it is a very good site. I like it very much.
Are you looking for Tablet PC, Android Tablet Computer, Pad, Car GPS, Cell Telephone, Gadgets, Car DVD, ects?all these products direct from factory to secure the price advantage, and test each products strictly before shipping to secure the super and high quality. Further, secure payment way and protection, superior customer service experience will give you more secure for your purchase.
Post a Comment