Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tutus and Chimps (or just a really random and pointless string of thoughts that needed to be shared for some reason)

So you know this annoying McDonald’s shamrock shake commercial?


The first couple of times I saw it I was so bugged because I knew I recognized the girl in it from somewhere, but couldn’t quite figure out who she was. And it bothered me to no end. Then one day it clicked and I was all “holy crap it’s Jody Sawyer!” If that name doesn’t mean anything to you watch the trailer below:


Man, I love me some Center Stage. Actually, even though I have zero dance ability I find myself loving all things ballet. Except I still haven't seen Black Swan cause even the trailer gives me the heebie jeebies. I’m a sensitive soul when it comes to movies.
But anyhoo, my next thought after arriving at this mind-blowing realization was “what in the world is Jody Sawyer doing in a McDonald’s commercial? And why isn’t she wearing her leotard or pointe shoes?”  
An IMDb search revealed that Jody’s name is actually Amanda and she was a legit ballerina but now she is trying to be an actress. Which, good for her and everything but it’s still strange to see someone that I know from one ballet movie that I first saw in Junior High pop up on TV ten years later professing her love for mint milkshakes. It weirds me out for reasons that I can’t really explain. And watching the commercial didn’t make me want a milkshake, but it did send me straight to my computer searching for Center Stage on Netflix. I wonder if the McDonald’s advertising department anticipated that effect. 
And while we’re on the subject of movies, I saw this trailer over the weekend and it just about made me cry:


Does this movie look adorable or what? 

6 comments:

The McBrides said...

love center stage, wasn't there a sequel? that is a really bad mcdonalds commercial, I don't think I would have pieced that one together, nice work!

Meg said...

DUDE! We saw that commercial the other day and I said "That's the chick from Center Stage!" Haha. Oh man, that movie has the most terrible acting, but I love it. We should watch it sometime. And even though you warned me, I did cry during the Chimpanzee trailer. Also, that McDonald's commercial....terrible. I can't stand it.

Josh and Heather said...

el mono!

Dasha said...

Oh Heather let's go back to Costa Rica and play with all the cute monkeys! Remember when we thought that old guy was harassing us when really he was just showing us that sloth? Ha.

Jonny and Haley said...

You have totally solved the puzzle that's been playing out in my mind this past week. It might've taken me months to figure out who that girl was. It makes me a little sad that she's in a McDonald's commercial though.

Natalie said...

dude she is also on recent episodes of one tree hill...I was wondering where I saw her from too...it was bugging the living daylights out of me...