
What do you do when Husband's cold prevents the two of you from having that fancy schmancy Valentine's Day dinner at Cucina Toscana? Why, head to the local McDonald's of course!
Obviously there is a story behind this latest escapade since those of you that know me probably know that I am not the world's biggest fan of fast food chains, meaning I will only eat that crap if there is nothing else available within a 50 mile radius. The story is this: Once upon a time Butch and I discovered that neither one of us had ever consumed that famous perpetuator of American obesity known as the Big Mac. This made us feel very unpatriotic and elitist, plus reading
this blog made me wonder if I was missing out on something fantastic. So one night we decided to bite the bullet and indulge our curiosity. Here is the evidence:

Don't know why Mike decided to make a sad face for this picture. Maybe the fact that he was about to consume a million grams of saturated fat troubled him.


Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!



The verdict? About as mediocre as I expected. You could taste all the other ingredients more than you could the burger, which was probably a tender mercy since those alleged "all beef patties" were grey, shriveled, and straight-up nasty looking. Why anyone would consume Big Macs on a regular basis when you can get a quality cheeseburger- one that looks like it is made of actual beef- at Apollo Burger for roughly the same price is still a mystery to me.
So sorry McDonald's, but it doesn't look like I will be joining the ranks of the "billions and billions served" anytime soon. When it comes to culinary guilty pleasures, my heart remains loyal to the Taco Bell seven layer burrito.
2 comments:
i refuse to go to mcdonalds, but i will go to del taco any day...can't turn down the soft tacos and 79 cent burritos. phil on the other hand could eat mcdonalds every day...yuck
I enjoy the chicken nuggets and the cheeseburgers. Not a fan of the big mac. Mark would rather eat a pile of dirt than go to McDonalds! They kids playgrounds are pretty AWESOME! (After you get over the germ fears and figure out how to get your kid out when they are crying while stuck atop a very tiny tube you could never fit through.)
Post a Comment