Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dreadlocks and a Wedding

Everyone should grow up on a street like Holly Lane. For many reasons, but especially so that they can have friends like these two: Believe it or not, I have known these hoodlums since we were five years old. And now one of them is officially a married man:
Congratulations to Nate for marrying such a lovely girl. And congratulations to Logan for pulling off the classiest Best Man hairdo I have ever seen:
I have watched this boy sport a man perm, cornrows, and a full-on mullet with steps, but white boy dreads? That’s taking it to a whole new level. Holladay Elementary Alumni, class of '98 (with the happy addition of Butch). I think we turned out pretty well. And yes, I was always on the bottom row of those elementary class photos, why do you ask? Remind me never to stand next to Nert when someone is taking a picture. Even on the days that I am wearing high heels.

8 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Do you have any idea how long I've wished I could pull off white-girl dreds? I finally decided against it because a lot of people still have a negative view of it, though it's clean, as opposed to the general opinion, and I want to be able to set a positive example for those who have that general opinion. But I still sigh whenever I see some girl with awesome dreds. Some day, maybe in heaven. Sigh. Hey, and your dress is really cute. Where'd you get it?

Dasha said...

Michelle- I would love to see you with dreads! You should do it. And the dress I got at a secondhand store somewhere in Salt Lake, I believe it was called Consignment Circuit or something like that. The tag inside the dress is some brand that I don't recognize so I have no idea where it originally came from. Sorry I can't be of more help, but thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe that Nate is married! I am so sad I could not be there. Wow.

And you look lovely by the way!

Anonymous said...

Also...I love Holly Lane. While I did not technically grow up on it- I feel like I sort of did, and I really hope that I can someday buy back my grandmothers house and be a ligit Holly Laner.

Logan said...

Dashinka hahaha i love the pictures!

Logan said...

best post ever! holly lane is the greatest!

Mandy said...

that last comment is me mandy, i guess logan was signed in on my computer

Android Tablet said...

I am so lucky to meet this site, it is a very good site. I like it very much.
Are you looking for Tablet PC, Android Tablet Computer, Pad, Car GPS, Cell Telephone, Gadgets, Car DVD, ects?all these products direct from factory to secure the price advantage, and test each products strictly before shipping to secure the super and high quality. Further, secure payment way and protection, superior customer service experience will give you more secure for your purchase.