Just in case you were wondering which celebrities’ careers are officially in the crapper, the lineup for the new season of Dancing with the Stars has been announced. And it includes Tom Delay, the former Republican House majority leader. Wow. That’s all I’m going to say about that.
On to the rest of the lineup. Kind of a letdown in my opinion. There is still no Tom Selleck (Annie, I think we need to write to the producers or something), and the rest of the cast selection ranges from shockingly predictable (wasn’t it only a matter of time until Donny Osmond graced us with his presence?) to virtually unknown (if anyone can tell me who Joanna Krupa is without googling her name I will give them a quarter). The one person I am excited to see on the show is Melissa Joan Hart, known to most of you as Sabrina the Teenage Witch. To me she will always be Clarissa of Clarissa Explains It All, otherwise known as the greatest TV show ever created for the preteen demographic (Hannah Montana can suck it). Clarissa rocked. She was smart, sassy, and had incredible style. Plus she had her own computer and a window seat in her bedroom. Here is a sampling of Melissa Joan Hart in her glory days:
Now, you would think that it would be depressing for me to see one of my childhood icons feeding at the bottom of the celebrity food chain by appearing on DWTS, but for some reason it feels oddly satisfying. Like my life has come full circle or something. So here’s hoping Melissa Joan will kick some Osmond butt and take home the trophy.
Anyone else care to weigh in on this oh-so-intellectually-stimulating topic?
*Oh, and just in case you missed the part where I became shamelessly addicted to a reality TV show, you can read all about it here.

4 comments:
YAY for DWTS. I can't wait for the new season!! I hope Mya is as entertaining as Lil' Kim was last season. And yes, I LOVE Melissa Joan Heart... and I watched her more in Clarissa Explains it All that Sabrina. That show was excellent. I always wanted a window that a boy could get into by climing up a latter...
Wow. I think I will need a few days to soak of the craptasticness of this list. I have to say there are a few I look forward to. And sadly I have to say Melissa Joan Heart is not on my favorite list. She makes me feel yucky.
tom delay? yeah, wow is the only answer. except it has got me thinking about a new show: dancing with the politicians. i'd love to see pelosi in sequins compete against cheney. and hilary. also in sequins. and harry reid in one of those chest hair bearing red tango sleep suit things. everyone can come! except probably not bill clinton because he will just sleep with his instructor.
i am going to go pitch this to abc right now. wanna go in for halfsies?
Dasha you are the best. Still no Tom... I think I might boycott this season. Honestly WRONG TOM!
Post a Comment