Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stars and Stripes Forever

This year we celebrated America's birthday by going up to the Bear Lake cabin with Mike's fam and our friends Megan and Travis (we missed you, Ben and Camille).

It was a little chilly, but that didn't stop us from sporting our classy patriotic swimwear (aren't my tan lines attractive?)

It was too cold to go out on the lake, but we entertained ourselves by playing volley in the shallow water:
And playing some golf:

I lost not one, not two, but at least five balls in the water that day. I struggle like you wouldn't believe.
Megan's birthday is on the 4th, so of course we celebrated.
I made her a festive red, white, and blue cake for the occasion:
Other highlights of our trip included:
-Lighting our own fireworks on the beach and watching the show created around the lake by everyone else doing the same thing.
-Raspberry shakes at LaBeau's. I swear they put crack in those things. So good.
-Owning everyone's trash in a game of Trivial Pursuit. That victory almost made me feel better about my sorry golf game. Almost.
-Sleeping in, eating delicious food, and engaging in all the other lazy activities that a weekend at the cabin entails. I love that place.

The only downside of the weekend was this:
"Heartbreaker" is the only term I can think of to describe this game. I spent most of Friday afternoon sulking over the fact that Ghana came this close to becoming the first African team to reach the semis and freaking choked. I should really stop watching sports. Or at least just stop getting so emotionally invested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AH! I love your swim suits! haha So awesome.

The McBrides said...

Love the suits! looks like such a fun weekend, i love getting away and enjoying fun holidays! oh and that bunt cake looks divine!