Thursday, August 19, 2010

M & M

Last week on a beautiful August day, my little sister Masha married Matt Mulcock. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my little sister, who also happens to be one of my best friends and favorite people, is now someone's wife. Seems like just yesterday we were fighting over our one cabbage patch doll and speaking to each other in gibberish Japanese.

That said, it thrills me to no end to see Smash as happy as she is when she's with Matt. He treats her like gold and complements her personality perfectly. Matt also gets bonus points for picking up on the family dynamic so well. Case in point: at the wedding dinner Mash and I were talking about something random and apparently Matt needed to have a word with my sister so he stood right by us for probably five minutes waiting for a break in the conversation. Of course that break never came, so finally Mike had to come over and bring Matt's presence to our attention. I felt pretty rude but Matt's reaction was classic: He turned to Mike and said "I know there's no interrupting these two." Oh Matt. Apparently you too are aware of the phenomenon that Butch refers to as "the sister zone." Sorry dude.

Of course I forgot my camera that day, but here are a few photos I stole from facebook pages:


Smash and I at the wedding dinner:
And at the temple. Isn't she a gorgeous bride?

Butch and I.
The Preo sisters. I love these two more than words can say. Family at the reception. Mom's face is classic.
Dema and Alex
Baby Anna in her yellow dress. It doesn't get any cuter than this:

The Little King raiding the candy dishes.

Bridesmaids (and a little bit of baby Anna). I look pretty dang stubby and pale standing next to supermodels Hannah and Erin. Bad choice.
Smash with the G parents. Who are still kickin at 90.
Brothers and sisters. Apparently I am the only one in "picture mode" and Dema just said something interesting.

Well, it looks like Wedding Season is finally winding down. Our fridge is a little less cluttered with announcements and the calendar space once crowded with showers, receptions, etc. is looking blessedly free. I love weddings as much as the next person, but going to a ton of them in a row leaves me completely exhausted. And admitting that makes me feel like I am 24 going on 80. Or maybe just socially handicapped.

2 comments:

The McBrides said...

that is totally nuts, I didn't know she was getting married! That is so fun, I LOVE weddings! It was great to see you at Rickies, I wish getting together wasn't just an annual thing, but at least we have the internet to stay connected in between! Plan on Laurens bridal shower, probably the second weekend in September, or sometime around there- I will keep you posted. And bytheway, if you are socially handicap, then that makes two of us, and also, those other bridesmaids have nothing on you!

Anonymous said...

Wow that makes me feel old. haha But the wedding looked beautiful and she looked beautiful and I loved your temple day dress. So good work. So good to see you the other day! Come to Oregon! :) And bring Whit!