1) Jazz game with our good friends Hansol and Morgan.
An outing to Crown Burger and the good old ESA was exactly what I needed after my first Monday back at work. Thanks for hooking us up with tickets, Hansol. We like you.
It's taken us over a year to get through three seasons of 30 Rock, but I'm happy to announce that husband and I now have a new show to watch together:
Yep, we love us some FNL. Something about the mixture of sports and dramatic plotlines has got us hooked to the point where we've watched at least one episode every night this week, eager to find out what kind of shenanigans those Texans have gotten themselves into this time. Mostly I just like it when the players screw up and the coach gives them a "You've gotta (insert reprimand here), son!" speech. It's strangely exhilirating.Add a bowl of Farrs peppermint stick ice cream topped with crushed oreos to the equation, and this nightly ritual is becoming something I look forward to with the kind of anticipation usually reserved for Christmas morning.
3) "Out with the old, in with the new." (Furniture, that is).
Mike and I have had hand-me-down furniture in our living room ever since we got married. It was nice furniture and we were happy to have it, but it wasn't really my style. We've been wanting to replace it for a while but haven't been able to justify the expense of new furniture. Then last week a New Year's miracle occurred in the form of a KSL listing for the couch, oversized chair, and ottoman pictured below for a measly $100. Done and done.
Now I just need to get some fun throw pillows and figure out what to do with that red plaid armchair that is the last remnant of the old furniture. I'm toying with the notion of re-upholstering it with a more modern fabric instead of getting a new one but have no idea where to get it done and I've heard that it can get pretty pricey. Anyone have any advice on the matter? I wish I could just do it myself like some crafty folk out there, but I am hopelessly handicapped in the sewing department. My junior high home ec teacher Mrs. Bridge even told me so.

11 comments:
awww. Mrs. Bridge!
The new furniture looks great! I tried unsuccessfully to reupholster a wingback chair awhile ago. It's hard work but I know people do it. Slipcover!
your my kind of girl! I also did a trip to crown burger to lift my spirits, its always good for that. I am jealous that you are at the beginning of your journey with FNL because I have been addicted to that show for quite some time but am waiting for the next season to come out. Oh how I wish I was watching it all again for the very first time! It really is a quality drama, and I am proud to say that I got my family hooked when I gave them the first two seasons on DVD for Christmas! Jan. is tough, but i am glad to see that you have had some fun things to help take the edge off! I love the furniture, and what does Ms. Bridge know anyway, she's an old bat.
Oooo crown burger. You really cant talk about that to me. Its not fair to me.
But as far as TV goes we are obsessed with FNL. We just finished the first 4 seasons. I have a mad crush on Tim Riggins. I may have mentioned that before yes?
Good work getting through the first week. It is awful. I have not done as well as you.
Also...love the couches. And the price.
Holy crap there are four seasons? I might just have to quit my job to keep up with this TV watching schedule. And yes, Meg, I think you did mention your love for Tim Riggins. I have to say after watching the show that I am more of a quarterback Matt fan myself. His awkwardness makes my heart melt a little. Tim kind of reminds me of Sawyer from LOST (attractive and likeable in a dirtball sort of way).
Mark and I just got hooked on FNL streaming live on the WII. I love/hate it. We are on epi 10. LOVE the new couches! When are you going to invite us over to see them in person???
$100? That's awesome.
My mom knows some places to upholster...I will find out and let you know.
Love the furniture! We're still finishing Arrested Development, but I'll make sure to add Friday Night Lights to our list of shows to start. Also-I want that plaid chair if you decide you don't want it anymore :)
Scarves Scarves
What an incredible marvel you are. You open many windows with your wisdom here.
So much fun! And don't you think that our jazz pictures would look much better if I had a jersey? Please kindly tell Butch to bully Michael into getting me one!
I am so lucky to meet this site, it is a very good site. I like it very much.
Are you looking for Tablet PC, Android Tablet Computer, Pad, Car GPS, Cell Telephone, Gadgets, Car DVD, ects?all these products direct from factory to secure the price advantage, and test each products strictly before shipping to secure the super and high quality. Further, secure payment way and protection, superior customer service experience will give you more secure for your purchase.
Post a Comment