Monday, April 25, 2011

This is how you roll when your names are Dasha and Masha

Below is a photo of Smash and I in one of the many coordinating outfits we sported in our younger years:

Judging from our expressions in this photo we were super jazzed about them.

Twenty some odd years later we showed up to Easter dinner looking like this:
Identical sweaters: check.
Grey shirts: check.
Dark jeans: check.
Grey TOMS(not pictured): check.

If you click on the picture and look closely you can see that we're even wearing the same shade of nail polish. And we've upped the ante on our childhood selves by adding matching hairstyles to the equation (which would have been impossible in the heyday of Smash's blonde 'fro).

The best part is that this was totally unplanned. Well, unless you count the planning that took place on my parents' part when they gave my younger sister and I rhyming names and essentially treated us like identical twins our whole lives. Apparently old habits die hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That is awesome. Those onesie items you had on are pretty incredible.

EY Thrift Store said...

I love it! I saw a picture of Emmy with her daughter Betsy on her lap and I thought it was a picture of me with Kate on my lap. The older we get, the more we look alike.

Matt and Masha said...

I look so weird in this picture! I love that dema walked by me and asked me when I changed from long jeans into shorts cause he thought I was you

Abby said...

That is one of my all time favorite pics of you and Mash! hahah I love this post.

Miss M said...

This is too great. Please do this to your future children and carry on the tradition.