With the exception of my mother, my family is really not into the whole crying-because-we-are-so-overwhelmed-by-lovely-emotions thing. I didn't shed a tear on my wedding day and walked out of Life is Beautiful dry-eyed. If I am crying, it generally means that I am having a complete emotional breakdown or feeling frustrated beyond words. So last night when my older sister, (who sometimes convinces me that she just might be made of stone), told me that she cried all through church because she was so moved by the opening hymn, I was pretty much like "nya nya you have feelings!" and walked away feeling like the superior being.
Then when Mike and I got home we decided to watch the old black-and-white version of Miracle on 34th Street. I have seen this movie a thousand times and, although it does make me feel all tender-hearted and whatnot, it generally does not activate my tear ducts. I think you can all see where this is going, so let me just say that the part where the little Dutch orphan girl comes to see Santa totally made me lose it. Tears streaming down my face and the whole bit. I tried to hold my act together, but seeing that girl's face light up all sweetly when Santa started speaking Dutch to her completely unleashed my inner softie. Freaking kharma.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude. Did you just trash on Gabriel Byrne a few posts back? We're fighting now.
Also BYU is holding an MLS fair at the Harold B. Lee Library on the 23rd of Jan for anyone interested in finding out more about getting MLS degree. Email me at miss.nem [at] gmail.com if you'd like me to pass on the flyer I received about it.
Oh. It's also on Jan 30th.
Post a Comment