Monday, February 8, 2010

They just don't make 'em like they used to...

Have I told you how much I love Valentine's Day? Why yes, I believe I explained my love for this holiday here and here. If you need further convincing that Valentine's Day is indeed worthwhile, kindly check out these vintage Valentines. Some are cute, some are ridiculously creepy, but I find them all awesome:



If I could get my mitts on this one, I would definitely give it to Mike:



Or maybe this one:



Adorable:



Gotta love the simplicity of this message:


This valentine was actually sent to me last year, and is my favorite piece of Valentine's Day decor. No better day than Valentine's to celebrate my heritage:


Now moving on to the creepy valentines. This has got to be my very favorite of the bunch. Behold, the valentine sent as a warning:




Because every love story begins with good hygiene:



Yikes.



They say that lasting relationships are all about trust:



It seems like this girl is looking into a mirror and a giant cat is staring back at her. If someone has an alternate explanation as to what in the devil is going on here, I would love to hear it:



Apparently dogs don't have feelings:




I can just picture Jeffrey Dahmer handing this one out to classmates as a child:



The girl in the yellow scarf better watch out, because judging from that boy's excited expression, he's only got one thing on his mind:



And finally, the Valentine that makes me want to become a vegetarian:



Happy Valentine's Day!!!

7 comments:

Meg said...

Yay! You updated your blog... FINALLY. The Jeffrey Dahmer Valentine has got to be my favorite. Classic.

Anonymous said...

That cat one! ha! And the veal one! That is awful. Those are some faabulous Valentines. I would love to get one of those babies.

Chelsey said...

OK, my favorite "you're nice, I like you" - That's going to be my valentine to you. Enjoy!

Chelsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McBrides said...

that is too hillarious, i love them all but I really think the Russian one has to be my fave!

Dan and Lauren said...

Dasha, those were great! To be honest, I enjoyed the creepy ones, haha. I have never seen vintage Valentines before. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Andrea said...

Dasha! I'm so glad you find my blog and now I've found yours! I love this post, by the way. The cat valentine is incredible!
Thanks for the awesome party you threw for Sara last night! You are well on your way to becoming a theme party conniseur!