Well kids, March Madness is upon us once again. I haven’t filled out a bracket and am not rooting for any particular team, yet I’m still looking forward to the final game for a very simple/slightly embarrassing reason: One Shining Moment.
You see, I’m a total sucker for the sentimental aspect of sports-like those VISA commercials that aired during the Olympics or documentaries about African marathon runners-and nothing capitalizes on my love of athletic sappiness more than the One Shining Moment tribute at the end of every NCAA basketball tournament . Something about the cheesy song combined with the footage of teammates hugging each other makes my heart melt a little, and makes me suffer through the coach’s interviews and all the other boring stuff that comes after the game is over.
For those of you that have no idea what I’m talking about, here is last year’s One Shining Moment montage:
If I ruled the world, every sporting event from Wimbledon to the Superbowl would end with a highlight film set to a Luther Vandross song. And Cadbury eggs would be sold year-round.
*Thank you to those of you who responded to the query about running shoes in my last post. I did some looking online and found a website called runningwarehouse.com that has free 2-day shipping, plus the shoes I wanted were fifteen bucks less than the retail price. So if you need a new pair of shoes and know what you’re looking for, I would recommend checking it out.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My dad has recorded One Shining Moment for the last 25-plus years. We watch it each year after he records the latest one. It is so awesome to see how it has changed -- you see the shorts get short and then really long, the ball appears with a sparkle in the 90s, the song changes a little bit, etc.
Post a Comment