Why is this Tuesday already significantly better than every Tuesday and Thursday of the past 8 weeks? Well, because at 6:15 this morning I was NOT doing any of the following:
sprints
wall sits
stair jumping
lunges
squats
push-ups
jump roping
crunches, planks, or other forms of abdominal torture
lifting weights and/or other heavy objects
Instead I was sleeping quite soundly, just like the good old days before I signed up for a two-month exercise class appropriately named “Boot Camp.” Don’t even ask me how I convinced myself that waking up at 5:30 two days a week to engage in physical activity was a good plan, especially when my idea of exercise during the cold winter months typically looks a little something like this:
Somehow I made it through those 8 weeks, but as of today I am officially done waking up when it’s still dark and sweating my guts out in a stuffy gym. Hurray for the weather finally being warm enough to get my endorphin rush outside in the fresh air, just as nature intended.
In a related note, does anyone know of a place to get a good deal on running shoes? My beloved mizunos are worn out so I need a new pair but really don’t want to shell out a hundred bucks.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Oh Dasha. Good work. That would not happen at my house. 5:30?!?! {Shudder} I am impressed.
Oooh, I live right by a Boot Camp workout place, and it seems intriguing. Did you like the results? I'm so tempted!
I was really happy with the results. I didn't lose a ton of weight or anything, but it was really good to switch up my routine and I definitely got stronger. But I would definitely not recommend going early in the morning if you don't have the self-discipline to go to bed early :) I was so sleep-deprived by the end of each week I could barely keep my eyes open.
first off, I am really impressed you did that- way to go! That really is an accomplishment you can hang your hat on!
second off, that is one of my all time favorite 30 Rock episodes, it made my day that you put that on there! When Dustin and I watched that episode, we rewound that part like 5 times laughing our heads of!
And lastly, I really need running shoes too- I am very optimistic about my goal to get out with the stroller with the weather getting better, let me know if you find a good deal!
personally think mizunos are not a great brand but check out wasatch running co. down on about90th and state they sometimes have better deals than slc running co. Sadly a good pair of running shoes just doesn't come that cheap.
i get my shoes at the rack
Rock on dash. getting up early to workout is my least fav things. ESPECIALLY in the cold, dark, winter months.
I've found the best place to find deals on quality shoes is Wasatch Running company, in their SALE section. And if you go in and get fitted they can tell you the best shoe for your foot
You. are. my. hero! I have great ambitions of getting up early to workout. I set my alarm, lay out my clothes, and as I crawl into bed, my husband laughs and says, "you won't get up" b/c lets face it, he's right. Well done, Dasha!
Post a Comment