Now don’t worry, I’m not going to pretend to be one of those people that only read the meaty sections of the newspaper- I love my celebrity gossip as much as the next person- but can we all just admit that this has gotten a tad out of control? Even our president has started in on the Kanye-bashing (although if dismissing Kanye West as a jackass isn’t showing good presidential judgement I don’t know what is).
What I do want to point out here, though, is that by talking about him all the time we are most likely just feeding into Kanye’s little scheme to get more fame, attention, etc. You know that phrase “any publicity is good publicity”? Definitely seems to apply in this case. I mean, homeboy had already established his reputation as an arrogant douchebag with a serious case of verbal diarrhea and a God complex before the VMAs-why not push the envelope a little further? Especially if it gets your name googled a bazillion times the day before you are scheduled to appear on Jay Leno’s new show. Think the timing of that little outburst was a coincidence? Not so much. Well played, Mr. West (or your publicists). And thank you for being the narcissistic fool you are, because it just makes watching The Colbert Report even more enjoyable :
| The Colbert Report | Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c | |||
| Kanye West Interrupts Taylor Swift at the VMAs | ||||
| ||||

No comments:
Post a Comment