In fact, we are so passionate about our hobby that if you spend at least half an hour with my brothers and sisters you will undoubtedly find the conversation turning to topics like the new sushi restaurant downtown, the superiority of homemade ranch dressing to the store-bought variety, or the mystery of people that “forget to eat” or are “too busy to have lunch” (my brother-in-law made such a statement once, and we all looked at him like he was a visiting martian).
We all differ a little in our tastes- Helen hates Mexican cuisine, Smash and Smeegs love their burgers a little more than the rest of us- but one food is a definite favorite with everyone: wings. Specifically Winger’s wings, because apparently something about that spicy yet sweet sauce just makes our collective taste buds rejoice.
Once a year Winger’s has a special promotion: all-you-can-eat wings for ten bucks. If you haven’t guessed already, it’s our kind of event; a chance to really showcase our talent for the world to see. For years now fall has meant not only changing leaves and cool weather, but my brothers and sisters and I stuffing ourselves with wings until we swear that we are never eating them again, only to return eagerly the next year.
Here is a photo tour of last year’s dinner. Wingfest 2009 is happening this week. I can’t wait.
The crowd last year. We missed Dema (as we will again this year-stupid grad school), but Colton and Logan made very good substitutes:
The first time we went to Winger's Smash ate not 10, not 20, but 24 wings in one sitting. I knew then that I was truly in the presence of greatness:
Lots of ranch is a necessity:





5 comments:
fabulous photos. proud to say we already have a dinner date to wingers this week
That is so gross...and yet...so wonderful.
That is freaking amazing. I heart your family. I would only be able to eat like 3 wings and I'd be done, but it would still be fun. Remember our trip to Winger's last spring? After a wonderful wonderful day of fixxer-upper-ing?
You would never have guessed these children were raised by vegetarians. and that my friends is why there are no parents to supervise.
Last year when I visited the U.S. I just had to stop by Winger's. That sauce is amazing. And the orange chicken at Panda Express wins a prize, too.
Post a Comment