Maybe this is because my immigrant family wasn’t too big on these holiday projects. I think we carved pumpkins all together once in an attempt to be festive, but after that we just had one family jack-o-lantern carved by whoever felt the most motivated that year and called it good.
The Cassitys, on the other hand, are all about the seasonal crafts. They make ornaments at Christmastime, dye eggs for Easter, and, of course, carve pumpkins when Halloween rolls around. The first time I participated in the annual Cassity pumpkin carving night was two years ago when Mike and I were engaged. By the time I had hollowed out and cleaned the pumpkin my craft ADD was really up and going, so I grabbed the simplest looking stencil I could find and went to town (yes, they had stencils. And special pumpkin carving tools. The Cassitys don’t mess around).
I probably should have paid a little more attention to how I positioned the stencil though, because what was supposed to be a frightening image of a vampire biting someone turned out to be a little…well…erotic in feel:
Yep, I unintentionally created Pumpkin Porn. Awesome. I think I am going to keep things a little more simple this year:
Because apparently I can't be trusted to keep it G-rated otherwise.

5 comments:
Haha. I like your pumpkin porn. Remember last year how you had this elaborate plan to make an owl pumpkin, and Sara ended up doing the whole thing? Haha. I don't like the mess involved with pumpkin carving. I also don't like that they just get thrown away a couple weeks after. It kind of seems like a waste.
So typical Dasha. Always turning perfectly family rated activities in porn. I actually quite love your porno pumpkin. I would do that on purpose. Twilight fans everyone are extremely jealous.
I vant to suck your blood . . .
oh my gosh, you crack me up... Will you come carve my pumpkins this year, I was looking for an R rated halloween theme.
Haha! Oh you make me laugh! Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment