Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I feel guilty about, part 783

And no, my failure to donate to npr is not on this list.

1. The fact that there is not one fruit or vegetable in my fridge, and there hasn’t been for about a week now. Because we spend virtually every free moment fixing up the new house, trips to the grocery store and home-cooked meals have become a thing of the past. We are now surviving on pb&j sandwiches and boxed macaroni and cheese. The bright side? I can feel like we are saving money by not having a grocery bill. The downside? We will probably get scurvy and die.
2. Just found out that the lady I have been badmouthing for the past year for screwing up my wedding flowers has been diagnosed with cancer. Thumper definitely had it right: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
3. At this point in time, I have absolutely no desire to go to graduate school. Either the two semesters I spent in the Master’s of Ed. program at the U crushed any faith I had in higher education, or my earlier theory holds true and I hit my intellectual peak in about 9th grade and have been slowly digressing ever since.
4. Realized this morning that I had a visiting teaching appointment tentatively set up for 7 last night and never followed through. So not only am I a horrible person that bashes cancer patients, I am also a flake.
5. I got a workout DVD about a month ago in an effort to switch up my exercise routine. It is that one with the crazy lady from Biggest Loser on the cover. I did it with my friend Megan once and it totally kicked my trash so I thought I would get my own. It still has the plastic wrapping on it.

P.S.- Husband thinks my blog is depressing.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Don't feel too guilty, I haven't done my workout video either, pretty much since I did it with you, so it's been a while. I actually gave it to my cousin, so I won't be doing it anytime soon either. :) We can get fat and happy together.

Matt and Masha said...

Well the grey background definately makes it more cheery.