I love having a clean car. There are not too many days when I can admit this, as such a statement would require coming to terms with the fact that my car is pretty much a biohazard 99% of the time, but today I can proudly say that my little Julio is freshly vacuumed and scrubbed. And I love it.
Driving to work is definitely a more pleasant experience when I don't have to look at the pile of shoes that has accumulated on the passenger seat or the wads of receipts stuffed in the cup holders. It's nice to give people a ride without having to be all "don't mind that smell, it's just the taco bell bag in the back seat", or "here, let me move that pile of dirty laundry out of the way so you can see out the window." And Julio definitely looks a lot more presentable minus all the bird crap that has been caked on him for the past few days (the new parking lot at work is covered in trees. Pretty, but very inconvenient).
So if I love having a clean car so much, why, might you ask, do I not clean it on a more regular basis? The answer is simple: I HATE cleaning cars. I don't know why, but I would seriously rather scrub my whole kitchen with a toothbrush than climb over seats vacuuming up crumbs. Must have something to do with my dislike of small, cramped spaces. Also, the timer on the car wash thing stresses me out. I hate it when it starts beeping when you only have a minute left and are running around like mad trying to rinse your car off while digging in your pockets for any stray quarters. It's quite the traumatic experience, and I only went through it because I love my little Julio and I didn't want the other cars judging him anymore. Or because it seemed like a productive way to delay packing up our apartment, which is what I was supposed to be doing last night.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment