Thursday, April 30, 2009

Things-I-Love Thursday

Today's TIL Thursday post was inspired by my lovely friend Annie and her devotion to infomercials. Although I can't say I have watched many of them for longer than 30 seconds, there is one that holds a special place in my heart:

Please tell me I am not the only one that has spent mindless late-night hours absorbed in the cinematic masterpiece that is paid programming for the Magic Bullet. If you haven't seen it, I think you need to seriously re-evaluate your life, because it will change your perception of the infomercial genre forever. You think all infomercials involve some has-been celebrity hawking their wares to a live studio audience? Think again. This one has an actual plot, not to mention an Australian spaz of a lead actor to remind you that "in only one-two-threeeeee seconds" you can prepare the meal of a lifetime.

Now, would I ever actually buy a Magic Bullet? Absolutely not. Because that thing looks like a total piece of crap, and I am familiar enough with the basics of chemistry to know that if you melt butter, milk, and cheese in a plastic cup in the microwave, you will not end up with a substance akin to alfredo sauce. However, that doesn't mean that if this infomercial is on TV on a Saturday morning I will not immediately drop whatever I'm doing to watch it. Because it is awesome. And because sometimes it's nice to be reminded that yes, I am just too fabulous to use a cutting board and knife.

What's your favorite infomercial?

3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

I once had some kind of strawberry shake made by the magic bullet and it was yummy.

Matt and Masha said...

Nothing is better than the magic bullet infomercial are you kidding me?

Anonymous said...

Dasha. BUY the Magic Bullet! It is amazing!! And I am not even kidding. That infomercial speaks the truth. I totally have one and I totally LOVE it. I love infomercials. I want a snuggie so bad and one of those knives that saw through concrete. :) Not kidding. Hopefully some day when I am no longer a slave to grad school loans I will buy about 90% of all things on infomercials. My husand worries about me.