I heart the french braid headband that LC's sportin these days. Too bad I have a jacked-up widow's peak hairline, minimal french braiding skills, and out-of-control afro hair. Three strikes, I'm out.
Skinny jeans+ short legs+boyishly narrow hips+ a "top heavy" physique= human ice cream cone. Or at least that is the way I describe the sight reflected in fitting room mirrors every time I try on a pair of these suckers.
The next time a MAC sales associate tries to tell me that "anyone can wear red lipstick", I'm just going to skedaddle off in the other direction. Because I do not enjoy looking like a cheap whore. To all you Gwen Stefani-esque ladies that can make this stuff look classy: I salute you.Anyone else have similar issues?

5 comments:
I love all three of these things! A LOT. I loved the french braid headband right until I got bangs. I totally agree about the skinni jeans. Wish a lot I could wear them. Totally cant. And LOVE red lipstick. Every now and then I just wear it and try to work it...but mostly I am too afraid.
I also am loving the hippie like headbands that you wear over your forehead. Never could do it...but I so wish I could.
Dasha I freaking love you! You crack me up! But I must say I disagree with all but the red lipstick. I would feel like a 10 cent hooker in it... But I promise you that you can pull off the skinny jeans and braid. Just try it!!!!!!
i have bangs so i don't really think the braid thing would work for me, but it's way cute.
i actually can totally picture you with that braid. you should try it. i think it would look cute with curly hair.
i just assume skinny jeans would look bad on me, but i've never tried.
as for red lipstick... my lips are kind of huge so we probably shouldn't go there.
and the comment above that says you wear hippie-like headbands on your forehead... i love that style, but have no idea how to wear those without them slipping off or how to make them look good. you should do a tutorial or somethin'.
ps - your blog is the only one i don't have to mute because of annoying music. thanks for that!
I love the french braid as well. Can't pull it off because my head is too small, and it looks retarded to have any sort of slicked-back-ness... not a word, I know. I tried to wear skinny jeans once and my mom told me I look like and emo kid (Thanks mom). I love red lipstick, but wouldn't wear it because I don't even like to wear lipstick that doesn't attract attention. Oh, and PS, I love the scarf’s that people are wearing with t-shirts these days... good trend.
Post a Comment