Friday, October 30, 2009

What kind of strange karma is THIS?

I am not a successful thrift store shopper. I have always wanted to be, and really wish I were one of those people who, when asked where they got a certain ultra-cool piece of clothing or home decor, can just casually respond with “I found it at DI” or “I picked it up at a yard sale.”

To compensate for my lack of thrifting skills, I tend to shop at secondhand stores and online antique shops; same unique items, less browsing and sifting through crap in suspect conditions. A few weeks ago I was looking on eBAY and found these little dears:


Mere days after I got these brass owls in the mail, Mike and I went to Savers (yes, we are classy like that). As I was browsing through the home décor section I spotted a pair of owls identical to the two smaller ones I just bought. I looked closer, and, sure enough, they were exactly the same. Don't believe me? I have proof:

WHAT ARE THE FREAKING ODDS? I swear stuff like this just does not happen. I am the only person in the universe who finally finds a cool item at a thrift store only to have it be something I just bought for twice the cost. I am also probably the only person that is stupid enough to then buy the thrift store item for no logical reason. So I now have two sets of identical 1970s owls sitting in my living room and no idea what to do with the spare one. I win at life.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Holy crap! That is SO crazy! You looked for owls forever! I'm sorry friend. It's fun that you have 2 sets now!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy said...

that is something that would happen to me....i love them!